Like most other animals, the nutritious foods for pregnant cats greatly determines the mother’s condition to best nourish the fetus. There is a pretty big dietary difference between a pregnant cat and a non-pregnant cat, as a pregnant cat needs more protein, more calories, and more nutrients.
If your cat is pregnant, take extra care to keep her healthy throughout the pregnancy so she can better nourish her kittens. This is not just about giving the mother cat more food; instead, there are special pregnancy cat foods to help supplement and balance nutrition for the cat to promote the development of the kitten in the mother’s womb.
Understand the dietary needs and provide food for pregnant cats.
You should pay attention to adding foods to the pregnant cat because during this period, the mother cat needs a lot of food to grow and nutrients to feed the baby. Cats begin to crave more food by the sixth week of pregnancy. At that stage, her appetite will increase as the mother and kittens require more nutrients to grow.
During pregnancy, the mother cat will need to eat one and a half to two times more than her usual intake. You will see the most significant increase in food consumption during the last three weeks of pregnancy. At that time, a pregnant cat may need up to 400 calories per day.
But keep in mind that pregnancy is a time of strange changes in the body; the changes and changes in the body will vary depending on the body type of each cat.During pregnancy, depending on hormonal fluctuations, the mother cat ant eats more or less at different stages of pregnancy. Yes, this means that it is completely normal for the mother cat to temporarily not eat.
But contact your veterinarian immediately if the mother cat has not eaten for 24 hours or begins to deteriorate.
Here are top 5 nutritious foods for pregnant cats that PET-CARES.ORG wants to bring to your attention for reference:
Pate: Diamond Naturals Adult Kitten
Diamond Naturals Chicken Adult Kitten has delicious chicken as the first ingredient. This pregnancy cat food provides plenty of protein to help support lean, active muscles. made with a holistic approach to pet health. also loaded with vegetables and superfoods for antioxidants.
powerful vitamins and minerals for overall health. Cats of all ages require moisture to stay hydrated.with meat and food ingredients in every bite. It is the taste and nutrition of love.
- High-quality protein feed with real chicken as the first ingredient for the optimal amino acid profile to support lean, strong muscles.
- Fortified with vitamins, minerals, and taurine. High in vegetables and superfoods for natural antioxidantsplus delicious moisture for daily hydration.
- With fiber and nutrients, it is nutrient-rich and highly digestible.pre-made from pumpkin, cranberries, quinoa, and blueberries.
- Provides a complete, balanced meal. No corn, wheat, fillers, or artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives.
- Made in the USA by a family-owned and operated company. with reliable, sustainable ingredients from around the world. The most cutting-edge scientific food safety protocols.
Pate for kittens: Instinct Original Real Chicken
Instinct Original Real Chicken Kitten Pate is a very high-protein pregnancy cat food with a grain-free formula researched and formulated with selected ingredients and specially formulated products. For your kittens, the recipe uses real chicken to give the kittens the most powerful growth potential.
- High protein content to support the energy needed for growth.
- Made with real chicken, salmon, and beef liver – a healthy protein blend of poultry, fish, and meat.
- No grains, potatoes, corn, wheat, soy, powder by-products, artificial colors, or preservatives.
- Natural DHA for brain and eye development.
- Delicious loaf texture.
- Made in the United States of America with the finest ingredients from around the world.
You can read more: Knowledge about dry cat food you should know.
Whiskas Selection: Cuts Seafood Options Cat Wet Food
Whiskas Choice Cuts and Seafood OptionsWet cat food is a nutritious food that provides your cat with a delicious meal. This ocean favorite brings a variety of salmon, tuna, tuna and tuna dishes, cod, and shrimp together in one package, so you can maintain your cat’s health without any taste loss.
With these unique pregnancy cat food packages, dinner just got easier and more convenient. You can mix it with dry cat food to stimulate the taste buds and help cats eat better. Whiskas has really conquered every cat with this sauce.
- A variety of flavors for your cat to choose from for dinner.
Each bag contains 8% crude protein to keep cats healthy.
- A nutritionally complete and balanced diet that supports the health of your adult cat.
- Convenient packaging seals in flavors and juices to keep food fresh.
- Your cat will enjoy four protein-rich, high-protein flavors in savory sauces, adding extra moisture to his diet.
Royal Canin Feline Health Nutrition Loaf in Sauce Kitten Pate provides your pregnant cat with the right nutrition from the start. It is specially formulated to support the developing immune system of kittens. Bone and muscle development Wet cat food has the right blend of protein, fat, and carbohydrates. to match your active kitten. Also, make sure it tastes good, blends easily with gravy, and gives a kitten the meal it wants.
- Canned kitten food is specially formulated. to provide all necessary nutrients for kittens.
- Made with the optimal ratio of protein, fat, and carbohydrates.
- An innovative blend of antioxidants supports the development of a defensive immune system as the kittens develop.
- Promotes growth and healthy digestion with digestible proteins, fiber, and prebiotics.
Frontier Trail Seedless Cat Pate with Chicken CANIDAE PURE WILD
Canadien Grain-Free PURE WILD Frontier Trail with Chicken Cat Pate is a pregnancy cat food that keeps your cat appetizing with the meaty flavors she craves. This premium protein meal features real chicken as the first ingredient, along with chicken liver, to provide the energy and nutrition your active cat needs to thrive.
Thanks to the grain-free formula of this delicious food, kittens are easily digested, making it ideal for cats with food allergies or sensitivities. This pregnant cat food provides a smooth texture and delicious taste suitable for little tigers.
- Real chicken is the first ingredient in this premium protein dish, which also includes chicken liver.
- The grain-free formula is easy to digest and ideal for cats with food allergies or sensitivities.
- Fortified with vitamins, minerals, and nutrients to provide complete and balanced nutrition for active cats of all ages.
- Taurine supplementation supports healthy heart function, strong vision, normal digestion, and overall immune strength.
- The complete cat meal with savory and meaty pate
You can refer to more knowledge about pet cat care here: Cat care