If you’re seeking for automated cat feeders, you might have come across the Petlibro Automatic Pet Feeder. Its sleek design, cat-friendly size, and well-balanced feature set make it an appealing alternative for anyone looking for a gadget that is extremely useful without being overly fussy.
But how does this automated feeder operate, and is it suitable for your cat? I’m providing you all the facts regarding this feeder after investigating the automatic cat feeder market, researching Petlibro, and testing it out in my own house.
Infomation Petlibro Automatic Cat Feeder
The Petlibro Automatic Cat Feeder is a device that dispenses food for cats at set times or on demand. It typically comes with a programmable timer and an automatic feeder bowl that can be filled with dry or wet food. Some models also include an infrared sensor to detect when a cat is approaching the feeder, and a camera or microphone to allow remote monitoring of the feeding process. The goal of this product is to make it easier to take care of your cat, especially if you are away from home for long periods of time or have trouble remembering to feed your cat on schedule.
- Capacity: ranges from 1.5L to 6L
- Power source: Some models require an electrical outlet, while some are battery operated.
- Meal size: Adjustable portion size can be set.
- Scheduling: Can be scheduled to feed the cat at specific times of the day.
- Voice recording and camera/microphone: Some models include this feature.
- Infrared sensor: Some models include this feature which detects the cat’s presence and dispense food accordingly.
- Convenience: The automatic feeding schedule allows you to set meal times for your cat, even when you’re not home.
- Portion control: Some models include an adjustable portion size, allowing you to control the amount of food your cat is given at each meal.
- Customizable: Some models allow you to customize the number of meals and the amount of food dispensed per meal.
- Voice recording: Some models include the feature of Voice recording, which allows you to record your own voice to call your cat to the feeder.
- Power source: Some models require an electrical outlet, which may be inconvenient if you want to place the feeder in a specific location.
- Food type: Some models may not work well with wet food, so you’ll need to stick to dry food if you choose one of these models.
- Complexity: Some models can be complex to set up and program, which may be confusing for some users.
How Effective Was the Petlibro Automatic Cat Feeder?
It was time to put the Petlibro automated cat feeder to work once it had been programmed. While its 4-liter capacity is slightly less than that of some other automated feeders designed for both cats and dogs, I found it to be enough. I emptied a 4.5-pound bag of kibble into the hopper.
The feed dispenser dispensed food consistently and neatly.
At each mealtime, it distributed food by playing back my speech recording and delivering the appropriate quantity of food into the bowl.
In my experience with automated feeders, few get the bowl size precisely right. Many feeders are designed mainly for dogs, resulting in massive, frightening basins. Other feeding bowls are either too deep or too shallow, enabling kibble to bounce and spray into the floor rather than remaining in the dish.
The Petlibro’s dish, on the other hand, was small enough for my cats to readily access, but not so shallow that the kibble ended up on the floor. The feeder is designed for both cats and dogs, but unlike other dog-oriented feeders, it is best suited to tiny pets.
What is the price of the Petlibro Automatic Cat Feeder?
On Amazon, the 4-liter Petlibro automated feeder costs $69.99, with free shipping in the continental United States. If you choose the 6-liter model with the transparent tank, the price will rise to $79.99.
We’ve teamed up with Petlibro to provide our readers a special 20% discount on all Petlibro shop goods. That means the Petlibro feeder will cost you only $56—a price we haven’t seen anywhere else on the web.
You can refer to more knowledge about pet dog care here: Dogs care
I bought this autofeeder for my cat out of desperation. She meows incessantly for 45 minutes or more before meal times which annoys my dog into shriek howling with every meow and causes me to contemplate double murder. I’ve only had this feeder for a couple days but so far it is working great! My cat is still learning that she must appeal to her new machine overlord for food, but she is already much better than she was. Overall, I am very happy with my purchase and I will update my review if anything changes.
– Easy set-up. It takes a few minutes but unless you’re changing the schedule all the time for some reason, it’s really not terrible. Some reviews claim you have to cycle through every time and portion to change something but that’s not true. You can use the “+” and “-” buttons to navigate to the meal slot you want to change without starting from the beginning. Unused slots will have a time but if you set the portion to zero they will not dispense anything. This is probably obvious but it did confuse me for a second. I set mine to have 4 meals spaced 6 hours apart and it’s been working like a charm.
– No jamming problems even with larger kibble so far. The cat food I buy has larger chunks interspersed in with smaller kibble and I was worried that it might jam up the dispenser. So far it has been working just fine. It has a helpful sticker on the lid that shows you the largest kibble size it will accommodate and it seems to be accurate. I bought the 5L version which holds 4-5 lbs of food.
– My devious cat has yet to figure out how to get extra kibble from it. The panel auto-locks so she can’t press any buttons. I’ve seen her stick her paw up the chute to dig around but she hasn’t succeeded in any extra snacks yet as far as I can tell. It’s only been a few days so time will tell if she will use her demon powers to beat the machine. I would suggest either putting this feeder on the floor or securing it in place because I suspect that my cat would be able to push it off a table and/or knock it over of it was empty enough. The weight D batteries alone might make it relatively stable to tipping though. I have not actually seen her move it yet but I remain wary because she is a larger cat at 14 lbs and generally a menace to society*.
– It seems well-made and is very sleek and modern looking. Appearance is less important than function to me but it does look quite nice.
– I like that there is a battery meter display even when plugged in. I intend to have it plugged in all the time but it will be nice to know when the back-up batteries need to be replaced.
– After completing set-up, I decided to move the feeder and had not installed batteries in it yet. I was expecting to reset at least the time but was pleasantly surprised to see it did not reset at all. It was unplugged for all of 10 seconds so I can’t attest to how long it can go without power or batteries before resetting the time.
– A customer service rep from PETLIBRO messaged me before my product arrived with some helpful tips and reminder that they have customer service available 24 hours on week days if I need it and a 12 month warranty. I have not had a need to contact customer service but I thought the pro-active message was nice.
– It is not clear from anywhere in the instructions what constitutes a portion. From my measurements, it seems that one portion is equivalent to approximately 1/8 cup. I am happy with this portion size but I wish it had been clear without requiring experimentation on my part.
– In my opinion, the only truly poor feature about this product is the recorded message option (whether you intend to use it or not). Other reviews mention that the recording quality is very poor and I have to agree. It is very staticy and mine also makes a rhythmic rasping noise even when recording silence. I had no intention of using this feature anyway as the sound of a pin drop would probably send her scrambling from across the house if it meant food. The problem is that there doesn’t seem to be a way to delete or turn off the recording without resetting the whole machine. I hit the record button by mistake during set-up, which is very easy to do, and I didn’t want to start over. I “bypassed” it by hitting the record button quick succession to create as short of a recording as I possibly could. The quick blip of static when it dispenses food doesn’t bother me but it is annoying you can’t just turn this feature off all together. This is by no means a deal breaker to me but if having a nice recorded message is important to you, I would not recommend this feeder.
– Not exactly a con but I prefer a shallow dish for feeding my cat. The bowl that comes with the feeder is deep but it is a nice bowl and I like that it has a tray that attaches to the feeder to keep it from being kicked around. Luckily her old shallow bowl fits nicely within the provided bowl and I haven’t noticed any issues with spilling while doing this. Not a big deal but something to consider if it matters to you.
*I promise that I actually love my cat very much! ? Picture attached. She’s the best cat in the world… when she’s not hungry.